Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My conversation with an amazing birthmother

Monday I received an email informing me of a wonderful lady who is pregnant. I was so thrilled to hear of this and the adrenaline started pumping through my body. I was given her name and decided to reach out. I emailed her and within a few minutes she emailed me back and we quickly decided to have a phone conversation. I was praying that she did not have an adoption plan for her child!!! We immediately bonded on the phone and spoke for 2 hours. I can't even begin to describe the amount of respect I feel for this woman. She chose life and went through an agency and had already picked a family. She was absolutely thrilled and the joy-love in her voice was overflowing. I did not want to hang up the phone with her!!! Any sadness that this was not going to be our child went away after hearing about her relationship with the family she chose. Wow! Yesterday I sent her a message thanking her for our conversation and wishing her all the very best and she sent me such an inspiring message: Lauren, Prayers out to you as you start this new journey, know and trust God is in control, he will give you EVERYTHING that is needed...Jeremiah 29:11. Cherish this verse!!!!!! I use to put the verse everywhere I felt weak or alone...At one time I had it on the windshield in my car, there were mornings I didn't want to go to work and i'd have to be reminded of his plans for me...I've put it in the shower too, I cried many times there feeling like my life had no direction...You have a purpose to be here, let God take your worries and cares and he will come through!!!!!You are an amazing mother to be and there is a gift waiting to be given to you, be patient for his blessings.
I will remember our conversation every day and will be inspired by her story. I plan to keep this verse close to me at all times. We are so incredibly excited to see what God's plan is for us!

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Lauren. You continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before you continue on this journey to adoption, please consider reading what adoptees think:

    Their blogs are a very good place to start: http://www.musingsofthelame.com/2004/03/blogs-written-by-adoptees.html

    After all, adoption is supposed to be about what is best for the child. Some day that child will grow up and be an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren! I stumbled upon your blog & just wanted to encourage you. Being on the journey on infertility myself, I know the heartache associated with it all. My heart broke reading your past posts and I am praying your adoption journey will be a wonderful experience & you will get to hold your baby soon! God DOES have great plans for you!

    ReplyDelete