Saturday, September 1, 2012

One year later...

I was reflecting on my 34th year of life as I celebrated 35 on Thursday. Last year we had just received the news that our first IVF cycle had failed a few days before my birthday. I can't explain the hopeless feelings we endured and read my blog entries from last year around this time. We have come so incredibly far since then...a second failed IVF, a failed surrogacy as well as an adoption scam, selecting an agency to work with, doing a home study, losing my job due to a company restructure, interviewing, and accepting a position to start a new career. We went through way more than I thought was humanly possible. I am certain this year is going to be the best yet. We have so much hope and the weight is slowly being lifted as we know that we will be parents very soon. Every day what keeps us going is knowing that somewhere out there a birth mother is either pregnant or about to conceive and carry our precious child. All we can do is smile when we think about this. I can only imagine what this year will bring and can't wait to find out! My birthday candles were extra special this year. Especially the ones I got to blow out at Abrazo while we were at orientation! Here's to hoping all of my wishes come true!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday and hoping this year all of your wishes come true!

    ReplyDelete