Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How bout that hair




I was blessed with a very full head of hair. Unfortunately it is super frizzy and requires alot of TLC and time. My hairdresser, Chris Farrar at Stella Reed Salon, has been BEGGING me to get a keratin treatment on my hair for months. I had lots of questions and wanted to make sure I researched the process before giving the OK. Let me just say, it is the very best move I have ever made! My hair texture has completely changed. It has also cut back the drying-straightening time substantially. The process took about 4 hours- you go in and they wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo, rinse, then he dried my hair completely. After that he took a paint style brush and painted the treatment on my entire hair. Then I sat for about 30 minutes. next step, he flatironed very small sections of hair until it was pin straight. My hair looked spectacular at the end!!! Wow! You can't wash your hair for 72 hours, use a ponytail holder, clip, or tuck your hair behind your ear because you want the chemicals to set completely straight. I washed for the first time after day 3 and my hair looks and feels like a different head of hair. No matter how hard I tried with the straightener there were some waves I just could not get out- no more of that! And, the best part of this is that the treatment is completely healthy for your hair. There is nothing bad in it! I will continue to use the Coppolla products (shampoo and conditioner) each time i was my hair and after this treatment wears off in 4 months I will be back in the chair doing it again. Here are the before and after shots. This is honestly what my hair looked like after a blow dry- yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment