Sunday, October 14, 2012

Blogging from 30,000 feet

I have to say that flying is my absolute least favorite thing to do in this entire world. I freak out majorly and have extreme anxiety about it. I think it's because every flight I am ever on seems to be turbulent....always fun. Luckily the leg of my flight from Detroit to Boston has been smooth so far. I'm headed to a sales meeting for 3 days. Not much to update on the adoption front. Still hopeful to start having conversations with birth mothers very soon. We did send our profiles to many guidance counselors and OBGYN offices. We really want to be as aggressive about this as possible. There is a great forum with Abrazo that we love to frequent and read about all the topics. It really is just about every subject that you can think of having to do with adoption! There is even a section for grandparents to learn more about adoption and be a big part of this process. We also made books for our parents with some really great articles on adoption and especially open adoption. We included just about everything that we can do to keep them as educated and informed as possible. Adoption is such a big process and can be very confusing. In the mean time we are enjoying our time together, traveling to lots of Alabama football games this season. Brian is so great about keeping me level headed. There are so many days I get sad and frustrated that we don't have a child but it will all come with time and as he tells me all the time I just have to be patient. We really appreciate all of your continued prayers and support. I think I may faint when we do get that first phone call!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment