Sunday, October 7, 2012

Update on where we are in the process

Brian and I finished our home study at the end of August and then went full speed ahead to finish our profile book for the birth parents to view and select who might be a potential match. We sent it in mid-September and are now anxiously awaiting the conversations with birth parents to begin. We wake up every day hoping today will be the day! It feels good to have the massive amounts of paperwork to begin this process complete. Yes, I know there will be lots more later on, but it is nice to have a little breather for now. We can't wait to keep checking off the items on our list that will get us closer to bringing our baby home!

2 comments:

  1. Hoping you get a call <3!

    I can't imagine how crazy this process is but you'll get your call one of these days and thennn I can't wait to read about it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren,
    One thing I did with our "refrigerator checklist" was to write the date completed by each step. That makes it a great keepsake for later to remember where you were in the journey at certain points in time. Does that make sense?

    I know waiting is so hard! I would love to go to lunch with you sometime to cheer you on! :)
    Susan Word

    ReplyDelete