Sunday, January 29, 2012

I have been a bad blogger lately

I think January can go down in the books as the worst month ever for us.
Failed IVF
Lost my job due to company restructure
and I can't stay well! I have pretty much been sick this entire month! I am OVER it!

We are counting down the days until this month is over.

I have stayed so busy since the lay off. I immediately started on my resume and Brian helped me perfect it. Job searching is definitely a full time job! But I had one interview with a dermatology company last week. Then another with a company selling children's nutrition products tomorrow, and a third interview for a diabetes position. I am so glad that there are jobs out there.

ideally, my dream job would be to do something for animal rights-rescue. I would love that so much! But unfortunately there is no money to be made there. Hopefully we will be in a position one day where I can make that dream come true. Until then I will continue to do it during my free time :)

On the baby front we have not really done much since operation: Find a job has been at the top of the list. i think about it all the time though and just wish I could figure it out. I am wondering if this is God's way of telling us that I don't need to carry a baby. I have always been sickly with asthma, allergies and sinus issues. maybe a pregnancy would be too much on my body?
We have talked to several adoption agencies but think we may pursue private adoption first and see what happens. I also want to be very healthy- physically and mentally before we do a frozen cycle with the frozen embryos. The idea of adoption first, then frozen cycle is becoming more and more appealing to me. I am honestly scared of all of the meds that come with IVF cycles. It is just so much and I am afraid of long term side effects. As much as I have put my body through recently it is begging for a break.

Has anyone pursued private adoption? I appreciate any insight.

Now that I have more time I am going to blog more often. Hopefully some great things are in store for the rest of the year. I do believe we can only go up from here as bad as this month has been!

9 comments:

  1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your interviews- hopefully one of those jobs is perfect for you right now! I don't have any advice on the adoption front- we looked into it, but ultimately decided against it at the time.

    I spent so, so much time thinking that we just weren't supposed to have kids, or that I wasn't supposed to carry a baby. While I've got a long way to go in this pregnancy, I really feel like this is a good one- I think that we just adapt our mindset to whatever is presented to us at that time. I am a firm believer in God's timing and His plan- your babies are out there, however they are supposed to come to you. You guys are ever in my prayers, and I'll be glad to see more frequent blog posts from you! I'm trying to get better myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about the month you have had...It sounds awful. You are amazingly strong. I know you'll find another job you love! 3 interviews already is great news!!
    I have no advice on private adoption. I hope you find the path you are meant to take. Only you know what is right for you.
    We just got done with a FET and it is volumes easier then a fresh IVF.
    I'll be here supporting my fellow TN girl no matter what! You will find your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad right now your focus is getting a new job at least to take some focus away from the baby stuff. Maybe just the timing is not right. I am hoping you get an amazing job that just starts a whole great new adventure leading you to your baby. Best of luck, I am rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are already getting interviews..that is awesome! I hope you find something wonderful that you love :)
    I understand the part about being fearful of long term IVF med side effects. There is so much unknown and most of the data is from people just doing one cycle, not multiple like us (blah). Fingers crossed you shake this continued sickness and find the path that works perfectly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you lots of luck on the job front! I hope you find an amazing job that makes you happy :) Hope you feel better soon! January is almost over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to read about your failed cycle and now losing your job plus being sick. Ugh, too much really. I hope you find another job that you really like soon. Me too would love to work with animals but most of these things are volunteering basis or low paid, at least over here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you!! Sending love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just checking back in to let you know I'm thinking about you and sending hopes of seeing beautiful your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been awhile since you blogged - I hope you are okay! Sending love.

    ReplyDelete