Sunday, January 1, 2012

a weekend get away from infertility???

Still no news on beta. this is absolute hell. Complete torture.

I was thinking. 2011 has been a really crappy year for so many of us struggling with infertility. I know I am ready for a break! We have a lake house at a lake (Horseshoe lake Arkansas) about 40 minutes from memphis. It is nothing fancy and we share it with other members since it's a fishing club. It has 4 bedrooms and each bedroom has a queen and 3 twin beds, equaling 16 beds total. It's like camp piling in with friends and family!

I was thinking it would be so fun to get a group together and have a much needed weekend get away! There is a wonderful dock to relax on and we also have a ski boat with water skiis, tube, wake board, etc..The porch is heaven with rocking chairs and swings. There is a fun little restaurant with the best people watching and karaoke too, Which is hilarious watching some of the locals. It's truly our home away form home in the summer. Oh there is also a huge kitchen and grills so we have the option to cook.

I Would love to have a weekend away from infertility this spring. If anybody is interested let me know. It starts getting warm here in April, but mid may or june would be ideal since the water would be swimming temp by then.
let me know if you might be interested and we could coordinate dates. If people wanted to bring husbands, we could make that work too!
here are a few pictures- It has been completely painted and had some renovations done and looks a million times better.




3 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to y'all. I wish there was something I could do to help. Also, I'd love nothing more than to do a girls trip...count me in!! Know I'm thinking about you & Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Lauren! That place is amazing! I would seriously consider it!!

    I hope you get great news today! Praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like heaven!!! If it want so far away we'd be there!

    ReplyDelete