Saturday, December 31, 2011

Guardian angel


Last Sunday my father came over for a Christmas night gathering. Before the rest of the family arrived he gave me something so incredibly special. A guardian angel cross. Virginia- my stepmother sent this with my dad since she couldn't travel from Knoxville with him this year. I want to share why this angel is a miracle worker and love having her by our side.
Here is what she said in the letter enclosed with the angel:

Christmas 2011
Lauren-
I am passing my angel to you. She has performed 3 miracles since I started passing her down. Here is the true story.
One of my employees was diagnosed with melanoma. I gave her what I called my guardian angel. She kept it with her always and was declared cancer free after several years. She kept the angel until she knew it was time to pass it back to me when I was very concerned about your dad's high blood pressure. One day she wrote me a note and told me how the angel had helped her and that now it was time to let her help me.
I had it for several years and your dad got better. Then a few years ago another employee of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer. I knew it was time to again pass my angel on to someone else. After all her surgery, chemo and radiation she has been declared cancer free. She returned the angel to me because she wanted me to have it to give to someone else when she was needed again.
I was thinking about you and Brian and then I remembered my angel and decided she needs to go to you. If nothing else maybe you can be comforted knowing the miracles she has helped happen. Keep her with you and pray. It has worked and maybe it can work just one more time for you and Brian.
I wish you and brian nothing but the best and hope for at least one miracle baby.

Virginia

I have heled this angel tight and kept her with me at all times. praying we can become her fourth miracle! The back of her says "Angels shall guard thee"

4 comments:

  1. I fully believe in miracles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing gift! I also believe in miracles - and I pray that your angel brings you a miracle of your own in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cried reading this- it sounds like she was meant to be with you during this time. What an amazing story. I'm continuing to pray for your miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once it works for you can I have a turn?

    ReplyDelete