Saturday, July 30, 2011

First day of injections!


7 PM fun!

And 7 AM fun!
Who would have ever thought that I would be EXCITED to get a shot? Certainly not me! Today was my first day of injections and they were easy breezy. Luckily we are dealing with half inch needles. The real fun begins when we do the ones with a 1.5 needle!!!!!!!!!!!! I am scared to death. We have to do the shots at the same time every day, morning and night, so we chose 7 and 7 to keep it simple. Menopur is the injection I take in the mornings and Brian could have a job working in a lab as well as he did! He measured the solution into the powder, filled the syringe bubble free (which is hard to do) and all I had to do was inject! I told him he is the medicine maker every morning for the next few weeks. The shot at night is called Follistim, which comes pre-mixed and with a pen to inject the medicine- very similar to the Multiclix device I sell. Follistim is very easy to administer. Burned a little so I plan to let it sit out from the fridge for a few minutes longer before I inject.
I go in for blood work on Tuesday, then again for more blood work and a ultrasound on Thursday. They will keep a very close eye on everything which makes me feel much better! In my baseline ultrasound update from last week they found 18 follicles. What we are doing now is stimulating the follicles to assist them into growing big and producing great quality eggs! I am loving the number 18!

No comments:

Post a Comment