Wednesday, July 20, 2011

We are going to have a baby- one way or another!



Brian and I have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility. It has been a very tough diagnosis to grasp. There are days where we would almost rather them tell us they found something they can fix! The disappointment every month is heartbreaking.
I can't say enough about my support system, starting with my incredible husband. he has been there and supported me every step of the way. I honestly could not be luckier. He is my rock. Our relationship gets stronger every single day as we are going through this. Lots of tears shed, but also alot of laughs at some of the crazy things we have had to do through this process. I can only imagine what a perfect father brian will be. Our family and friends have also been wonderful-Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Our fertility story begins aith us trying naturally for 10 months, then after 5 months of medications starting last December and then 2 failed IUI's In March and April we decided to go big and give IVF (In-Vitro Fertilization) a shot. It is a very intensive procedure that gives us a very good shot of creating our miracle baby or babies! I have started the initial medication and will start injections in 2 weeks. I had my sonohystogram last week which was definitely uncomfortable. They had to do the procedure twice and I was very ready for it to be over with!!!! They look for fibroids or anything else that could interfere with IVF, but all results came back great. Yesterday, we went in for injection training and talk about overwhelming. Having to mix and figure out cc's for multiple meds, which needle goes with what and which medication to take at the certain time each day made me nervous. brian had to give me a "trial" shot yesterday and he did great, as great as a huge needle can feel in my hip :) We will be setting lots of alarm reminders to make sure we are following protocol properly! We don't want to mess up anything!!!!!
I will be taking Menopur and Follistim injections up until my retrieval day, which will fall in the week of august 8-12. This is where I will go under anesthesia. I am very nervous about this day because of the anesthesia! I have to remember that the end result will be so very very worth it!
We will keep everyone updated after each procedure and ultrasound. With IVF they keep a very close watch on everything!
Thank you for your love and support, thoughts and prayers during this time! I know so many friends that are going through the exact same thing as us and I want to be there for anyone else going through this. I hope this blog of our IVF experience will help shed some light on this procedure that will be worth ec=very hard second of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment