Friday, July 22, 2011

IVF timeline....

Right now we are in the medicine and testing stage to make sure everything is good to go, and so far so good!

Tuesday July 19th we have injection training where we learn how to dose and administer the injections I will be getting every other day

Wednesday July 20th is our trial transfer. In this procedure they basically spell out exactly what they will do, step-by-step on my real transfer day in August. This will avoid any hiccups during the actual procedure.

I will start my injections end of July. They decided on Follistim and menopur

Then LOTS of bloodtests and ultrasounds through this process!!!!!

Our retrieval day will fall somewhere during the week of August 8th. I will be under anesthesia for this procedure, but it is a outpatient procedure. We will update you on the set day as they monitor and decide.

Next, Brian and I will get a telephone call each night to see how everything is developing! I know we will be a nervous wreck waiting each day!

Then, about 5ish days after our retrieval, we come back in and they will do the transfer procedure.

They will monitor me closely and I will have frequent ultrasounds to make sure everything is going well. I will continue the injections through this process

The waiting game of 12-14 days to test to see if we have our miracle baby, or babies begins after they do the transfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment