Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Let the stimulating begin!

Today was my baseline ultrasound. We went in at 7:30 to join a waiting room full of people. It is crazy to think how many people are in need of fertility treatment! Even though everyone is a stranger in the room, you almost feel a connection because we are all there for the ultimate goal of starting a family.
They found 18 follicles, which is a good start from what I have read. It makes my heart so happy to think that one of those follicles may hold the egg which will become our precious child. We were sent home and told we would be given further directions via nurse with a phone call before 5.
I spoke to the nurse and received our instructions! I am so excited! Saturday I start what they call "Stim Day" which means stimulation day, #1. I start my morning with a menopur injection and then get a stomach injection of Follistim at night. I have previously been on Follistim for IUI's and the shots were not bad at all! I will continue this protocol 3 days and go in for blood work Tuesday AM at 7:30, on Stim day 4. Brian and I both get to take Doxycycline (antibiotic) for 7 days
We are so excited as this is really and truly happening now! The cycle all begins on Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment