Friday, November 11, 2011

First visit to chattanooga!

brian and I went to Chattanooga for our first visit to TRM! We nailed it with timing on the prettiest week of the year with the leaves in just about every color imaginable! It was unbelievable how beautiful and vibrant the trees were! I hope they will stick around for a few more weeks until we arrive in december. I had a major fail with the lack of picture taking this go round! I will do much better next time!!!

We stayed at The Chattanoogan Hotel and loved it. We had a great dinner at St. John's meeting place, along with a pumpkin spice martini which was to die for!!!!! we also enjoyed walking around downtown. Chattanooga is the cleanest city I have ever seen and the electric bus which is free transportation around downtown was a nice perk- I love that they do so many "green' things here!

The next morning we headed to the office and my first official meeting with dr. Murray was my trial transfer-What a way to meet-haha! All went well with that, no hiccups so we are all set for transfer. Then we had a great meeting with dr. Murray and he went over protocol step by step, meds, side effects, etc. EXTREMELY thorough! He spent 3 hours total with us! :)

After a quick lunch we headed back for a little bloodwork. I am back to being a pin cushion! And the last stop of the day was injection training. Many of the meds we were familiar with what do do so it was super simple! I will be taking a few new meds and the best news of all is no more PIO shots! I will be using the Crinone instead :) I am super pumped bc those shots are the devil!
So...my next steps are:

Nov. 14th- endometrial biopsy and progesterone draw
wait for that lovely time of month so I can start taking my estrace which is estrogen. Mine was sub-par last cycle so I need all the help I can get! This should be around the 21st
November 28th- baseline ultrasound and bloodwork
December 1- Start Lupron, letrazole for 5 days, Dexamethasone. continue estrace
December 2- add Follistim, Menopur to the mix
December 4- Last day of estrogen
December 7- I will add Saizen growth hormone. 1st follicle ultrasound and estradiol
December 8- Leave for Chattanooga
December 9- BW and US at TRM
Continue scans and bloodwork until it's time for retrieval!
We will stay in Chattanooga and the plan is to do a 5 day transfer and stay one more day after transfer!

I am so excited and know we are in the best hands ever with this doctor. I can't wait for everything to get here!





5 comments:

  1. So excited for you!!! Its sounds like everything went great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting! Chattanooga sounds great! Kind of neat you get a destination IVF. :) Your doctor sounds great! I can never get enough information!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like everything is all going to work out great for you. It's so nice that he was able to spend so much time with you to really get to know you and your medical history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have a great plan for all of this. I am praying for you sweet friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it seems like everything is coming together so well and it is all going to be happening starting this week with the biopsy! You must be so excited to get the show on the road! I will be following along. :)

    ReplyDelete