Saturday, November 26, 2011

MEDS ARRIVED! COUNTDOWN IS ON! BASELINE ULTRASOUND AND E2 LEVELS!

I can't believe it's almost time! Our massive box of meds arrived Wednesday night and we start shots on the 2nd.
I have been taking the estrace (estradiol) for almost 2 weeks now and will continue for about another week. Estrace was not my friend the first few days. the side effects were awful w nausea and headaches, but they subsided after a few days- thank goodness!!!

Dr. Murray also tested my Vitamin D and mine was low. I was pretty shocked as I love to sit out in the sun! I think that test would have different results in the summer for sure :) I started on Maximum D3 which is 10,000 iu's of Vitamin D. I had to do this for 5 days and started it the same day as estrace. Both of those combined were tough on my body. I will still take one tablet of 10,000 iu's during IVF.

Today was my baseline ultrasound and bloodwork- I had 30 follies :) compared to 18 for IVF 1, and my e2 level was 334, which is high but taking the estrace was to give this a boost, which I will only be taking a few more days. On STIM day 4 previously I was only at 115 for my e2! I am definitely happy so far!
our plan is to head to Chattanooga for monitoring starting on the 9th which is the 8th day of STIMS. We are getting so excited! My parents are going to come up and visit and before we know it we will be back to Memphis surviving the 2 week wait and enjoying the Christmas season!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers so much! We are SO READY!

2 comments:

  1. So glad your numbers are looking good! Got my fingers crossed for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Now it is all going to be happening so fast! Can't wait to read how it all goes!

    ReplyDelete