Monday, November 14, 2011

NEVER have I EVER experienced pain like this!

I just had my endometrial biopsy and I am going to put up a major fight if I have to do this again. Or have pain killers, valium, xanax, alcohol, etc. (probably all of the above) in my system before hand. Advil does NOT cut it!
With all of the tests, procedures, etc. this was the most painful by far. Horrific! So painful it made me cry. Just thinking about it makes me cringe at the pain. I am so glad Brian was with me, and that he has both of his hands- I had to squeeze both of them as tight as I could!
I am so glad that procedure can be marked off the list.

Rewinding to this morning........
I had to get my progesterone blood draw and should have known the day would only get worse after! Iove the lab tech (I am getting blood drawn still in memphis where I did IVF#1 and they are faxing results to dr in chattanooga) and she is usually spot on at finding the perfect vein. Today I must have been a hard case :( She stuck me once and couldn't get the blood to draw, so she had to stick me again. I got really woozy bc the pain was awful and the whole situation made me feel like fainting! I became the recipient of 2 massive bruises on my arm!
I did get the clearance to start my Estrace (Estrogen) tonight! So the 1st med for IVF begins tonight!



Is it really only Monday?

7 comments:

  1. Oh geez! Sorry you were abused today :( That sounds so painful!! I know some people have done an egg retrieval without be put to sleep and I would say a big hello no to that! Never had a biopsy like that, but it doesnt sound fun :( Rest up and pamper yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! Sorry to hear that it hurt so much. I just scheduled mine today. I was told 30 seconds of intense cramping, And to take motrin before. I think I might make sure I can find my left over percoset from my last retrieval aft reading this. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch, the bruises are awful, and I'm so sorry about the biopsy pain. It's all going to be so worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea that definitely wasn't a good experience for me either!!! Glad it's over :) Estrace so early?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hate that you hurt so bad! it makes me want to cry! it is soo hard going through this anyway.. adding pain on top of it! poor thing! love you gir!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, that biopsy is no fun! Great you you have it behind you now :) Love your quote at the top of your blog. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch! Sorry to hear you had such a difficult day. But so exciting that you got the go!!

    ReplyDelete