Thursday, September 22, 2011

900 NEEDLE STICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




I decided to do the math with all of the fertility treatments, starting from day one of figuring this infertility thing out!
And this is coming from a TRUE needle-phob. My friend Erica in Mobile can attest to this fear of mine! :)

Lab- Blood draws- 22 times stuck in the arm

Shots during two rounds of IUI- 14

Shots during IVF, including progesterone- 33 shots
***NOTE***- To the makers of Follistim...A LARGER cartridge would be wonderful so you don't have to change cartridges to get the rest of the dose and take 2 shots!!!******

Ultrasounds-15

anesthesia- 1

IV for anesthesia- 1

Hysterosalpingogram-1

Sonohystogram-1

letrazol- 4 months to try to "enhance" ovulation

accupuncture- 800 needles inserted. 15 0n average per appointment. Going since April and was going 2x a week April-August

b12, vitamin c injections- 34

flu shot- Just because I apparently can't get enough needles!


So...around-

105 injections-lab draws associated with fertility
Plus 800 needle sticks with accupuncture

Almost 1000 sticks all to get pregnant! I am pretty proud of myself considering that I wouldn't even inject saline into my stomach during product training for my job!
And we are about to do this all over again! Maybe I can hit 1500 by end of year :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the way you were seeing beautiful there at the end of that post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just as bad as me! I keep track of all that stuff too. Can you believe how strong it has made us? I could never imagine going through all of this a few years ago. Its going to be worth it!

    ReplyDelete