Monday, September 5, 2011

Adventures with a new accupuncture dr!

I am so excited about the new clinic I switched to for accupuncture! I have so much great information and Judi (my new dr.) is the fertility guru and has helped so many people get pregnant after failed IUI, IVF and natural cycles. This will involve pretty big lifestyle changes, but I am willing to do whatever it takes!

I have been going to accupuncture for 6 months twice a week at a clinic I liked, but a major language barrier made optimal communication very tough. Overall, I truly feel better with my sinuses, allergies and asthma in better shape. But unfortunately I am still lacking in the fertility department! I was ready for a change of scenery and someone who would be very thorough.
I had a sweet friend reach out to me about Judi Harrick and what she did for her and about 15 other people she knew. Bottom line is they had fertility treatments that did not work, went to Judy and stuck to her plan and got pregnant! Whether they conceived naturally, or did another fertility treatment with Judi's accupuncture integrated in. Since I have found out about her I can't tell you how many stories I have heard of "You have to go and see Judi- my sister who had a failed IVF got pregnant after she treated her" which gives me lots of HOPE!

So, how does this work? Herbal supplements, diet, one on one time with her getting to know my body and what she can do to help it, and of course the accupuncture treatments weekly. I spent 3 hours with her for my first appointment! It's all about getting the Qi (pronounced chi- which means life force within us) to be full and move smoothly and balanced.

So here are the rules:
No smoking- easy, didn't smoke anyway
No alcohol- I will def. miss my wine!!!!!
No caffeine or coffee- easy, not a fan of either really. Except for Pumpkin Spiced Latte time!
Decrease strenuous exercise- I can def. handle that! :)
Eat as organic as possible- Great habit I have needed to get into anyways! But tough when choosing restaurants
Increase whole grains, decrease animal product intake- this will be a little tough bc meats will only be 10 % of diet.
Eat warm, cooked food. eat root foods and dark greens- Pretty easy
Avoid raw and cold foods- hard
Don't drink iced drinks while eating- very hard
No white flour, white sugar or dairy! HARD HARD HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will be the most difficult for me

So basically my diet will consist of: 50% whole grains, 40% lightly cooked veggies, and 10% meats!

I am nervous but excited to do this. I definitely don't want to fail! I am willing to do whatever it takes to have a baby and what great habits to get into in the meantime!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like exactly what I went through with my (old) acupuncturist. She was nice and all, but I just wasn't feeling it. Then I found my current one and it was like the skies opened up. Had a very long and detailed consult, and we were off to the races. She has me following pretty much the exact same rules. It's tough at first, but it gets easier.

    I recommend plain almond milk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just another example of all the wonderful way you're already exemplifying how you'll be a great mother. Seeing beautiful in anything being worth it. Makes my heart swell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! My acupuncturist shared many of the same diet tips. It's definitely hard to do, but I strive to follow his protocol as best as I can. Do I cheat here and there? Yes, sorry.
    I think the hardest one for me was...no cold drinks.

    ReplyDelete