Thursday, September 1, 2011

Asking for prayers!


Today has been hard. One of the toughest days I have ever had. My sweet grandmother who has always been super "with-it" able to stay a step ahead in her late eighties has been struggling.
Well, this AM about 7 she was rushed to the hospital to find out she had a stroke. Apparently this happened 10 days or so ago. She has been struggling with her blood pressure recently (over the last few weeks) and her doctor passed it off as ANXIETY! She has gone in to see him several times during these last few weeks his direction has been for her to take xanax when she feels anxious or not normal. Way to go there dr- way to be passive! My opinion is (and I don't have a MD behind my name, but red flags are red flags) when all of this came about he should have sent her off for tests! tests, tests and more tests to make sure everything checked out ok as she is almost 90! Just because you are healthy up until now does NOT constitute for a diagnosis of "shes fading fast" or anxiety. C'mon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank God for the ER doctor today who ordered those tests, and lots of them, to find out that indeed my grandmother has had a stroke. After a long day in a shared room with the most obnoxious lady EVER who would not shut the hell up for one second- and I am not joking, she is finally in a room and will be undergoing more tests to figure out what to day. I am broken hearted seeing her in this state. I have been blessed to have her in my life for 34 years now and can't stand to see her suffer.
Please pray for my sweet grandmother. If you all knew her and what an amazing woman she is you would all love her as much as I do. She is the most selfless person in the world who spends her life praying for everyone who needs it. Now it is her turn.

And also please pray I don't have a sprained wrist as I face planted down my parents 3 steps on their back door tonight while letting their dogs out!

5 comments:

  1. Yikes!! Sounds like a rough day....I will be praying for you and your sweet granny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a grandma's girl, too. You are so lucky to still have her in your life. I'll be praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no...I will definitely keep her in my prayers. Grandparents have a special part in our hearts, and it's hard when they don't appear to be as strong as they used to. Hoping for a full recovery now that she's in good hands...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your grandmother. So glad she's in good hands now.

    Praying for your wrist too!!

    ReplyDelete