Thursday, September 22, 2011

Decisions Decisions

I am feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I'm not sure if it's because everyone around me is pregnant, and I am not joking when I say everyone. Of course I am so incredibly happy for my friends, but at the same time it is tough. And i'm not trying to have a pity party for us, but I just don't understand! WHY NOT US? Why do we have to go through this excruciating process when it is so easy for others? I guess nothing comes easy, but there is an underlying fear I have being so scared this will not work ever! I am so glad to have a wonderful supportive husband and a sweet friend who understands every bit of this emotional roller coaster as she is going through this too! I think we were separated at birth! She is my rock though-Thank you CD!!!!!

Ok, moving on to the positive.....

Last night we had our phone consult with Dr. William Schoolcraft at CCRM in Colorado. The consult was 250.00 and all paperwork was done via internet with a username, password and file online. We enjoyed our conversation with this amazing doctor. we had heard that if he doesn't think he can help you, he will turn you away. He didn't, so that gave us hope which was music to our ears. Basically he thinks it all boils down to the stimulation and the lab. Either my embies didn't like the stimulation I was on or the lab. So this really got us thinking about the lab, and how a lab can make or break a pregnancy!
he is also big on chromosomal testing to make sure there isn't an issue there. The tests he does are so innovative and I know this facility is top notch.
Problem is- it is in Denver. And I hate to fly. It's a 20 hour drive. I'm worried that my stress and anxiety of flying would affect my stress level which would not be productive in this and could really diminish my chances. Again- why can't things be easy.
Where is the magic wand right now that we can wave to make our decisions.

I love watching Giuliana and Bill and love how they have shared their fertility struggles with the world. I cry every time I watch because my heart hurts for her and I know exactly how they feel. we watched the episode from Monday night after my friend who I mentioned above texted me and told me G and B were at CCRM! They are going to do IVF with dr. Schoolcraft. With the doctor that we had our phone consult with just 3 hours before. They could go anywhere in this world and they picked him. Is this a sign? It all adds to the major decision we have to make! Again- where's that magic wand?


So- here are our options:
Please pray we make the right decision!


Dr. Murray- Tennessee Reproductive medicine, Chattanooga, TN





Dr. Ahlering- SHER Institute St. Louis




Dr. Schoolcraft- CCRM Colorado

4 comments:

  1. I think a lab does make a difference and just plain luck. Look at all those that get pregs with IVF at small local places with 15 year old labs! Sorta drivese crazy. We went to SIRM in Vegas with Dr. Sher-the founder....didn't work though. Seems he and CCRM are the big names. We are staying local again this tome-the money, time and travel is just too much :(
    Hope you find peace with your decision and it's the best one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching G and B. I've been following their fertility struggle for 3 seasons now. I saw them go to Denver. I've heard they have the best rates in the country!! If flying stresses you out then I wouldn't do it. You really don't need more stress. GL with your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Lauren: I had all the same thoughts as you once. You have no idea how many times I said, "Why not us?" Or maybe do. But I truly believe you, too, will have your happy ending one day. In the meantime, I am thinking about you and saying prayers that you and your husband get blessed soon.

    ReplyDelete