Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Taking charge of MY fertility!

Since we got our bad news I have decided that I am not going to let infertility beat me! I will win this battle no matter what it takes. I will not back down. And the most important thing I have learned so far is that educating myself is key! before we get our second opinions later this month I want to know as much as possible about my diagnosis and why i am not getting pregnant.
I went into my first IVF thinking that the doctor would take care of everything and I was majorly wrong! I would have asked a million more questions had I known.

Here is what I am doing:

Accupuncture with a new doctor specializing in fertility

Going organic- yes this is tough, but it is possible

Phyto-estrogen foods- since my diagnosis is low estrogen which basically holds a pregnancy, I want to incorporate lots of these foods in my diet. I have a HUGE list of foods that are rich in phyto-estrogen. Flax seed being the best, which luckily I can sprinkle on various foods I eat!

Reading, reading and more reading/researching
***I highly suggest Dr. Schoolcraft from Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine's book "If At First You Don't Conceive" VERY good info I wish I had known from the start!

getting 2nd and even 3rd opinions

Having a positive outlook and not giving up on this!

Seeing beautiful every day (Thanks to some great inspiration by a sweet new friend. You have to check out Seeing Beautiful-)

researching fertility clinics and having phone consults

reaching out to others who have been through this for their advice

Qigong- Meditation-stretching exercises to help the chi flow and create balance and harmony

herbs and vitamins

Cutting back on stress!!!!!!!!!

20 min foot soak every day and warming my lower belly per accupuncture dr's instructions

Keeping myself busy and surrounding myself with positive

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome list! I've never heard of that book, I will definitely check it out. Another thing that really helps me is yoga. Not the work-out kind, but anything 'relaxation' or 'yin'. I found a fertility yoga in my city and absolutely LOVE it. Maybe there's one in yours?

    Good for you for being so proactive!

    ReplyDelete