Sunday, October 23, 2011

One last attempt didn't work

I'm so disappointed and as that fun awful day of the month arrives, so do the tears. Tears of not understanding once again why this can't be easier. Let down after let down, month after month...it is so heartbreaking.

We were so hopeful that somehow, miraculously we were going to get pregnant this month- with all of the supplements and accupuncture I am doing. I knew deep down that was next to impossible and I was right! Unfortunately we aren't pregnant. So, the first phase of IVF begins in November with a month of birth control, then shots, retrieval and transfer in December.
Looks like I will be having my endometrial biopsy in the next few days. JOY!

I am absolutely terrified this time around. I am exhausted and ready for this to be over with. Honestly if IVF #2 doesn't work, then I believe we are throwing in the towel. There is honestly only so much you can stand physically and mentally. And for people who have not gone through this and say even if it takes 10 times you should do whatever it takes. I want to tell them to try this just once- then come back and we will chat!
I pray I have the strength for all that comes with this over the next few months. It's a long, hard road.
Hoping and praying this works!

11 comments:

  1. Oh Hun Im so sorry. I've been waiting all weekend for an update. I was really hoping you would get better news. :( I'm sorry you have to go thru this again. GL with your biopsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so amazed by people that have tried IVF more than a few times! I feel like I almost killed myself doing just one! I can't imagine! I'm sorry this month didn't end in a baby. But we are all hoping and praying with you that this next IVF brings you your miracle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain dear. Hang in there, as hard as it may be. You will know when it is time to throw in the towel...and until then, just keep fighting. I'll be thinking of you & sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain and completely agree with asking those that say 'do it till it works' to come talk after just one! We are headed into cycle 3 and C is asking for 2 more if it doesn't work! WHAT! I can barley pull it together for this one!
    hopefully this will be it for us both :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's to hoping this is it for you. Praying for strength for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im really hoping this is it for you! Stay strong! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just linked to your blog from faith & fertility. Stay strong, just said a little prayer for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry that this wasn't your month. I really am. You are amazing to go through this twice. It's trying physically, but I suspect that more than that it's the mental exhaustion that gets you. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry it didnt happen this month. I am thinking of you. Praying IVF #2 is it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm your newest follower. :) I'm so sorry this time didn't work for you. Ugh. I hate that dissapointment, when you feel like you've done everything right. It sounds like you are on the right track though with everything you are doing, and hopefully soon you will get excited and hopeful about IVF #2. I'm going to go read a little more of your story. I'm doing IVF this fall too, my first one. I have no idea what I'm in for, do I? Maybe that's a good thing. I can imagine how scary that must be to try again. Here's to us and hopefully we'll be pregnant at the same time. Glad I found you. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog- I have no idea how I missed you following mine! Keeping my fingers crossed that IVF#2 is it for you. This is a pretty rough journey, and it really sucks sometimes. Especially after so many failures. It sounds like a 2nd opinion is just what you needed- Good luck with the new clinic! :)

    ReplyDelete