Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ready, Set...DECEMBER!


Well, it looks like we will be heading to Chattanooga for IVF in December. I am so excited we will be under the care of Dr. Murray at TRM in Chattanooga, TN http://www.trmbaby.com/welcome/rink_murray.shtml
I LOVE that he has more of a boutique type practice and doesn't do a ton of IVF's a month, so we will get the attention needed to have the perfect cycle!

My STIMS will start on December 2nd and we will be in Chattanooga about 8ish days after for the last few days of monitoring before retrieval. We are aiming for a 5 day transfer, so we will stay in Chattanooga in between retrieval and transfer, just in case we only get to a 3 day. I am sad because I am missing Bob Seger on the 10th in memphis. Yes, I love my old school classic rock and Bob is one of my favs!

I am such a homebody and love to be at home, so I think this will be the hardest part for me. BUT, my husband came up with a brilliant idea. getting on VRBO.com (vacation rentals by owner) to look for a house to rent.

1. It would be cheaper than a hotel
2. We could bring our dogs (who I have to have around and miss them terribly when we travel) and not have to pay a pet sitter :)
3. We would have a full size kitchen to cook, so all meals wouldn't be take out, etc. and
4. we will avoid killing each other in a tiny hotel room :)!!!!!!!!!!

I love this idea, so I have been busy trying to find the perfect place to settle in for the week we are there. trying to negotiate prices since I am sure the 2nd week of December isn't a heavy travel week for most.
I told brian I want to put some Christmas decorations up since I will be missing ours from home during my favorite time of year!!!!

In early November I am going to have an endometrial biopsy (first time to have one) to make sure the lining of my uterus can support a pregnancy. here is more about the procedure:
An endometrial biopsy is a way for your doctor to take a small sample of the lining of the uterus (endometrium ). The sample is looked at under a microscope for abnormal cells. An endometrial biopsy helps your doctor find problems in the endometrium. It also lets your doctor check to see if your body's hormone levels that affect the endometrium are in balance.

Sounds fun, right? My uterus probably really hates me. But I guess I am not a big fan of mine since it won't do what I want it to!!! haha

Then we will go to Chattanooga in late November for injection training and a trial transfer.

Until then- lots of accupuncture, supplements, positive thoughts and preparing my body for IVF #2!

Hopefully some of my blogger friends will be stimming around the same time.

Counting down the days until DECEMBER!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys have everything planned out pretty good. We used VRBO when we went to Disney a few years ago. Totally agree with you negotiating a price with the owner. We saved several hundred! I can't wait to cheer you on through your ivf and bfp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I'm about to head to Denver for 2 weeks and I wish I could bring my dogs and do a VRBO (if I had thought ahead, I may have... but it's a long drive with the dogs). Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh it will be fun! We actually found our IVF2 easier bc we were away...less distractions and people in our faces constantly!
    I just had the endo biopsy last week...ummm take a motrin 800mg prior to going (or something stronger!), it's not terrible, but it sucks. I had more 'complications' with mine, but that motrin would have helped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I'm so excited for you! Glad you made a decision on the new RE. Hubby and I were in a hotel for a few days for my transfer and retrieval last week and it ended up being so fun just hanging out and being on bed rest just the 2 of us. Enjoy every second!!! GL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous news IVF #2 is all working out for you! :) And December will be here before you know it! I can't believe we're pretty much halfway through October already!

    ReplyDelete