Friday, December 23, 2011

3 embryos transferred!




We are home and I am resting. Everything went really well today. Our doctor suggested transferring 3, as 2 were early blast stage- not quite expanded blastocysts. he said he thought 2 would be expanded blasts by the afternoon, but the best place for them to be was in me! The rate of triplets is only 5% so we were ok with putting 3 in to enhance our chances of having at least one. He has never had anyone have triplets from transferring 3. 2 were from ICSI and one (the least strong of the 3) was the conventional form of IVF where they put everything in the dish and let them do their work.

There are 3 others that are still hanging on...PRAYING we have at least one to freeze. I admit I am terrified that we started with 17 and were down to 6 today. But I am very pleased that we made it to a 5 day transfer. We will know tomorrow if the others made it.
I can get my beta blood draw on January 1st...New years Day! How amazing would it be to start the year off with incredible news! Now I have to find somewhere that can do a blood draw on new years! I am on a mission!!!

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. I feel really good about things and have done all I can do. It's up to God and my body. I am going to take it very easy this holiday season and enjoy letting these embabies get nice and comfy!

What's a night of bed rest without a fire, dogs and Christmas Vacation? :)


Hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend and Merry Christmas!!!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so excited and anxious for you! I will continue to pray for you. I know this is the hardest road you have ever imagined. It will all be worth it though and you will be able to share your story. :) Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas sweet friend so glad you are home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! Snuggle in and enjoy your time resting. Very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nestle in and grow, babies! I'd call your local hospitals to see if they do outpatient blood draws. The hospital where I work does them every day of the year. Keeping you guys in my prayers, and crossing my fingers for awesome New Year's News!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I transferred 4 and only one took. 2 blasts and 2 morolas. I think it was one of the morolas that took because my baby measures 1 day behind. GL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! PUPO!!! Rest up, think positive thoughts and know you can do this!

    It is amazing the numbers that dwindle at day 5. We were told 20-30% typically make it to day 5. We didn't have anything to freeze bc there freeze standards were so high our last two cycles and it was tough, but it was okay. Hoping you get some frosties :)
    Merry Christmas momma!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad everything went well!! :) Snuggling in lil babes! One of my best friends had her transfer the day before you did, her beta is Jan 2nd. Praying for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear all went so well! Praying that you have the best New Years ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful news. Will keep prayers.

    Happy seeing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete