Monday, December 5, 2011

question about Stimming and shortness of breath-

I am on Day 4 of STIMs. So far here is what I have:
Day 1- Lupron 10 units
day 2- Lupron 10 units- AM and PM, Follistim 225- PM, menopur- 75, letrazole, and dexamethasone
day 3-Lupron 10 units- AM and PM, Follistim 225- PM, menopur- 75, letrazole, and dexamethasone
day 4-Lupron 10 units- AM and PM, Follistim 225- PM, menopur- 75, letrazole, and dexamethasone

I have been experiencing some shortness of breath- especially after I take my PM doses. Has anyone else experienced this from any of these meds? Of course it is completely freaking me out. I know that can happen with OHSS, but surely after just a few days of STIMS I wouldn't be experiencing that.
Thanks for your thoughts-advice!

6 comments:

  1. OHSS won't show until after ER. I think your fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you taking the dexamethasone at night? Just curious, because I had some shortness of breath when I was taking the steroids. The stims were fine, but once I added the dexamethasone in, I had trouble breathing. No clue why, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My re had me stop taking both the dexamethisone and the doxycycline (sp?) Both were making me sick with heartburn. I couldnt even lay down flat. I dont remember shortness of breath but definitely nauseated and heartburn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't remember shortness of breath - but start chugging (and I mean really chugging) gatorade now. It'll help prevent (or at least lessen) OHSS if it happens. I didn't with my first IVF, but did with my second and had OHSS with the first and not with the second. Sorry about all the symptoms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. shortness of breath is listed as a 'serious' side effect of most drugs. I would definitely call the MD bc it's not normal.
    OHSS doesn't happen until after the ER so it can't be that....

    ReplyDelete