Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Dear Lord- please grant me patience AND improve my bad mood!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We certainly did and I am so sad it's over. I love all the time we get with family and miss them all so much after Christmas. We came back after the transfer friday and I rested until Saturday (Christmas Eve) around 3. then we went to my aunt and uncles, then to brian's aunt and uncles for Christmas Eve. Then to my mom's Sunday for Christmas day! And we ended Christmas day with family at our house for pick up foods and cocktails for a few hours. I enjoyed my sparkling cider :)

The BEST Christmas present we received was the news that we have 2 frozen embryos! We were thrilled because the outlook on Friday was pretty grim for them. We have an ACB, and a CCB. VERY happy about this. And then the other in Memphis makes 3.

I have to say the 9 day wait is KILLING ME! I am analyzing any symptom and need to stop. I will say above all else, my mood has been terrible. I have been so emotional today- mad, upset, sad. I am praying this isn't PMS! If it is, then it's PMS on crack because I have never experienced this- haha! Did anybody else have these fits?

The Crinone is MUCH better to me than the PIO shots! Of course my chest is sore, but I am pretty sure that is a symptom of progesterone (praying that it means I am pregnant though!)

So...I can get my beta blood draw on Sunday. Which happens to be NEW YEARS DAY. UGH! I am in medical sales and have asked every nurse, dr, etc. to help me find a place but there is nowhere open being a holiday! I DO NOT want to wait until Monday!!!!!
If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I am not afraid to show up in the ER if I have to!

Wishing you all the best during the last few days of 2011. I am SO ready to close the door on this year where we spent about 7 months on meds-fertility treatments!



Had to share this pic of my sweet husband being the best uncle in the world!

6 comments:

  1. I had similar symptoms during our wait as well - I was a mess! I was convinced it was PMS and that there was no way I could be pregnant - thankfully, I was wrong! Hope that this is good news for you as it was for me!
    Fingers crossed you can find someplace open on Sunday! Any chance they will do it on Saturday instead for you, if you can't find a place for Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you have a couple "frozies" :) I was super emotional during my IVF 2ww. I could go from bitchy, to crying, to happy all in a matter of seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ER will do it but usually a big hospital will have a lab open 24hrs. You just need to call around and find out who. They usually don't do lab draws they are typically the folks who process the blood but I asked if they would do draws and they said as long as I had the order. I actually still use them even every week, cuts out the middle man. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great news about the frosties :).
    As for the labs...a day early or the ER for sure!!! The moods for me were actually pretty even. Symptom watching made me go crazy (with my first two ivf's) bc the drugs mimick everything. This time I tried hard to avoid looking into anything...and go figure it worked!! Good luck and hope the wait goes by quick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the frozen embryos! keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super emotional is a good sign! I hope you find a place that's open. I would hate to wait and extra day. Are you going to POAS?

    ReplyDelete