Sunday, December 4, 2011

News tomorrow- first monitoring apt!

I talked to the nurse at my RE's office today about the shortness of breath. She said to switch my dose of dexomethasone to AM instead of PM. Since it is a steroid it can cause you to be hyper, anxious, etc.and could be the shortness of breath culprit. Guess that's why I am getting about 4 hours of sleep on average now since I have started this. And I am a 8-10 (yes, I love my sleep) hours of sleep a night kind of girl- otherwise I am not pleasant!

I have not had a monitoring appointment yet and in a way I am relieved because I would be stressing and analyzing everything. Tomorrow is my first and we will see how my follicles are doing and what my e2 is up to as well! I am DYING to know and am definitely plumping up big time in my stomach. The lady at the manicure shop today at lunch asked how far along I was. UGH!
After tomorrow, Our next appointment will be in Chattanooga for monitoring! Hoping we are half way through STIMS!

I have to say that the shots hurt WAY worse than my IUI's and first IVF. I think it is because my doses are much higher! But I will get through this! My stomach is so sore and the little grapes (bruises that look like grapes) are popping up :(
I want to cuss the makers of Follisitm for not creating a cartridge bigger than 300 u. Since I am taking 225, I have had to inject 2 shots of Follistim the past 2 nights. I've now had 900 u. of follistim and gone through 3 cartridges. medicine-please be doing your job well!
Any tips on making Menopur not burn? I can barely finish the injection from the stinging pain!

So, here is where I am up to this point:
Baseline Ultrasound- 30 follicles compared to 18 last IVF!
E2 (estradiol) at the start was 334
12-2, Friday: Lupron 10 injection AM, Lupron 10 injection PM=2 shots total
12-3, Saturday-Lupron 10 injection AM and PM, Follistim 225 injection, Menopur 75 injection=4 shots total
12-4, Sunday- Lupron 10 injection AM and PM, Follistim 225 2 injections bc of the stupid cartridge only holding 300 units- ugh! and menopur 75 injection=5 shots total
12-5, Monday- Lupron 10 injection AM and PM, Follistim 225 injection- 2 injections thanks to 300 u. cartridge, Menopur 75 injection=5 shots total
12-6- Lupron 10 injection- AM and PM, Follistim 225, menopur 75. Last dose of Letrazole!!!!!!!!!!!=4 shots total

***********As of today my shot tally is at 20!

12-7- FIRST monitoring appointment and will see if any med changes are needed. Also will probably be starting Siazen, my growth hormone! What's another injection to add to the fun, right?

Thanks for the thoughts, prayers and encouragement. I am feeling great about things and am ready for retrieval!

4 comments:

  1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your appt tomorrow! Hopefully the am steroids will be easier for you, but I never found a way to make the Menopur not sting. It was by far the worst for me as far as pain. Yay for being halfway through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait....follistem dose make a 900 unit vial!!! Thats what I had!! Hoping for good things happening in there :)
    Changing the dec to the am will definitely help you sleep better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds familiar! I used to take that one in the am, but ugh, it'd make me so sick for work. I slept so good during stims for some reason. And didn't get too bloated. So maybe it's because yours is going to work!!! GOOD LUCK LAUREN!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Menopur is the worst. The only thing that helped me was pushing the plunger in very slow.

    ReplyDelete