Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Stim day 12 update

Apparently I am going to stim forever! I know my follicles can only grow so much a day but I am so ready to have my retrieval! 12 days of shots sucks. Big time!!!! We had another monitoring apt today and I can't say enough amazing things about the staff at TRM. They are phenomenal. Dr. Scotchie, the other RE, did my ultrasound and she measured 9 follicles ranging from about 10 to 14. We definitely have several more days of stimulation to go before they can retrieve. In a perfect world they would retrieve Saturday, come back to Memphis Sunday night and then back to chattanooga for a 3 or 5 day transfer. We will definitely be going back to Memphis in between retrieval and transfer but I'm glad because I'm a little homesick! If I continue to stim slow it could maybe even be a Monday or Tuesday transfer which would literally put us coming back to Chattanooga (if I get to a 5 day transfer, which is the goal) on Christmas eve or Christmas day. I'm still waiting on my e2 number, hoping it is good news.
Ivf Is the hardest thing I have ever gone through. I hear stories of people who have done this over and over and over, like 5 to 10 times and my heart goes out to them. My stomach is bruised and raw, sore, drained physically and emotionally and ready for this to be over.
Thank you for your prayers and support!

2 comments:

  1. Can you inject in your thigh? I've always done my injections there. I can't even imagine how painful the Menopur would be in the stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ? Rebecca! I need to ask that. And I'm doing 150 units so we have to do 2 Lipton shots...sucks!

    ReplyDelete