Monday, August 8, 2011

Let's go make a baby!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it's official- our retrieval day is Wednesday!!!!!!!!!

Brian and I were all smiles this morning after our appointment for STIM day 10. Here is the good news we found out: :)
It would only let the ultrasound tech measure 9 follicles but they were really good ones! yay!!
Left side:
18, 19, 18 and 20!
Right side:
21, 22, 17, 20 and 14
Apparently this weekend my follicles decided to grow rapidly!
The rest are smaller and not developing as well as these are, but we are happy with 9 great #s.
My estrodiol (I have been battling this number all through the stimming process) was 1064, which isn't very high. But since my follicles are good they are basing off that. I am the lucky recipient of estrogen patches for the next few weeks to help increase this number.

No more Follistim, Menopur or Ganiorelix shots! Tonight I do my HCG trigger which will cause me to ovulate. It's seriously insane how they control everything your body does with this! This is a intra-muscular shot which means in the hip- ouch! So my sweet friend and neighbor, Ellen is doing mine- she's a doctor.
Then I head to East Memphis Surgery Center Wednesday at 8 AM for the retrieval! It is scheduled at 9.

Let me just say that I feel like a blimp and look like I am pregnant- definitely bloated from the follicles getting bigger and pretty uncomfortable. I have also had some nausea spells and wanting different types of food that I never eat. For instance, last night I wanted brian to grill hamburgers! I have never asked him for burgers (and I rarely eat red meat) so he looked at me like I was crazy, but then went to the grocery to get hamburger meat and mint choc. chip ice cream :)
I am definitely tired from the medicines and have been sleeping very well! Our new feather bed was the best purchase of the year. Especially as I will be putting it to great use later this week and next week!
Thank you friends and family that have been so wonderful through all of this. Every call, text, email, etc. we appreciate so much!

2 comments:

  1. Hi- saw your blog link on CycleSista. Those numbers sound great! Got my fingers crossed that the egg retrieval goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete