Tuesday, August 16, 2011

we have one little blastocyst!

I feel a lot more encouraged today than I did yesterday. yesterday was the hardest day of this process so far. Yesterday I talked to the embryologist and we had a few other embryos we were trying to get to "5 day blastocysts" which means they could be frozen and used for a frozen egg transfer at a later date. The outlook on these was grim and she wasn't confident any would make it to this stage. I was so sad last night. I was terrified that if the ones transferred Saturday did not work we would have no other options. It is a scary feeling after this grueling process. I don't think I could do two entire IVF cycles again. This is very hard. My body hurts physically and mentally. It is alot to endure. And the progesterone shots at night have just about sent me over the edge and I had a complete breakdown last night. Hello hormones! With the news around the blastocysts more than likely not making it, and the emotions of this whole process with the meds, needles and waiting to see if this has worked it was bound to happen.

Today is MUCH better. We got news that one embryo did make it to the blastocyst stage! So that embryo is now frozen for us. we are THRILLED! I can breathe much easier today and we are so thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news! I know this is a difficult and grueling process and admire your strength (both mental and physical) during it. There is not a day that goes by during this monumental time that I don't think of you and pray for a positive outcome. I really have a feeling that this will be successful and you will be on the road to parenthood! Hang in there and just keep the goal of the process in mind during these last few days of shots, umcomfort, and anxiousness. Please let me know if you need anything...I'm here for you friend! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete