Thursday, August 4, 2011

Slow and Low?

I have to admit I am a little discouraged right now. I am scared to death of this not working. This truly is a emotional rollercoaster.

I went in this am for bloodwork and first ultrasound since stimming started. I got the call this afternoon with update-next steps...
There are about 18 follicles and out of the 18 only 2 are growing at the pace they would like. One is 13 and the other is 10. The rest are hanging out somewhere under 10. Follicles grow between 1-3mm daily during stimming cycles. However, a ray of light appeared when they said my estrodiol level had tripled from 115 to 426. That indicates there is activity and things could turn around. If the e2 number had not increased then that would not be good at all.
My uteran lining was 6.8 which is thinner than what they would like. Luckily this will thicken with stimming according to the dr.If not they can add another med to help this. what's another med at this point in time, right?
So...I may fall into the category of those folks who stimulate at a "slow and low" pace! That is what I am hoping!!

They are keeping my Menopur at 75 and Follistim at 225, so I had to place another order. More shots for me for several more days!!!
My next ultrasound and bloodwork will be on saturday. Please pray that these numbers increase and my follicles get bigger! we want them over 18!
if all goes well with the numbers and growth, they should be doing my retrieval late next week!

My stomach is bruised and the shots sting terribly,I am exhausted but I know in the end this will all be worth it. Every single bit of it! Especially to have moments in life like this with babies of our own one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment